The Fast Track option allows students who have been academically suspended the opportunity to return to the university after six months rather than 12 months. Students would return on Continued Academic Probation (CAP) standing.
A student meets with an advisor from the Academic Support Office as the first step in participating in this option. No course work completed before meeting with an advisor and the completion of the Fast Track Reinstatement Agreement, including all necessary signatures, will be accepted as part of the Fast Track option.
Fast Track Requirements
For the Fast Track option, a student must:
- Have BYU cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 at time of suspension.
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits of general education following suspension. If a student has completed most or all of the general education courses, other solid academic courses may be approved by the student's College Advisement Center (CAC).
- Complete courses through another college/university or through Independent Study.
- Have a CAC advisor approve any courses for this option prior to enrollment.
- Earn at least a 3.2 GPA for the 12 credits, with no repeat courses, W, UW, WE, I or IE type grades.
- Remain out of the university for a minimum of six months.
Please contact the Academic Support Office to further discuss this option.